We invite young participants to CNGF2020 to enroll in the first edition of THE EXCELSIOR Geo-Young competition.
Willing to promote young engineers in the field of geotechnical engineering, members of the International Society of Geotechnics and Foundations (ISSMGE), the president of ISSMGE – Professor Charles Ng launched the “The Bright Spark Lecture Award” award. This award is addressed to young people working either in the private or academic sector, who are offered the chance to deliver a presentation in the plenary sessions of conferences organized under ISSMGE auspices.
Te promotion of young geotechnical engineers is made by YMPG – Young Member Presidential Group, which is a body within the ISSMGE representative of the young people of the International society.
Wishing young geotechnical engineers being also promoted at national level, Romanian Society for Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering – SRGF launches at the 14th National Conference CNGF2020 the first Edition of the “EXCELSIOR Geo-Young” contest.
Selected participants will have the chance to present their work at the conference as winners of this prize. The prize will be awarded to participants who propose papers of high scientific and technical value to any of the Conference sections.
Abstract and papers shall be submitted following the same procedure as for all other papers of the Conference. The young members interested in participating at the contest are asked to tick the corresponding box “Contest – EXCELSIOR Geo-Young” on the submission form. The articles will undergo a review/verification process by a scientific committee specifically chosen for this section.
3 prizes will be awarded as follows:
• 1st place winner will be given the opportunity to present his / her work in one of the plenary sessions of the Conference (Keynote lecture) and will benefit of a 100% discount of the participation fee. The award will be formally awarded at a ceremony during the conference
• 2nd place winner will be given the opportunity to present his / her work in one of the parallel sessions of the Conference and will benefit of a 50% discount of the participation fee. The prize will be awarded officially at a ceremony during the conference.
• 3rd place winner will be given the opportunity to present his /her work in one of the parallel sessions of the Conference. The prize will be awarded offcially at a ceremony during the Conference.
General Requirements for participants
• Maximum age of 35 years until 1 September 2020.
• Unique-author of the submitted paper
• SRGF Member